Train & bicycle
To travel green, consider the train! The TER and other trains provide a practical way to begin your journey, get back to the start, organise a weekend get-away or even skip a stage.
- The majority of TER trains in France allows you to take your bicycle on-board for free as hand luggage in designated areas
- Some Intercité trains and the TGV provide spaces for bicycles, but generally with reservations
- On this website you can find the location of train stations on the route maps, as well as practical information about trains in the ‘details’ section of the stages
- Check for SNCF offers before leaving.
- You can find lines and timetables for regions on TER websites : Bretagne, Lower-Normandy and for the UK at www.nationalrail.co.uk
- And specific information on www.velo.sncf.com
For your own comfort and that of the other users:
- avoid boarding trains with a bicycle during rush hour
- look for bicycle signs on the carriages
- arrive early to avoid delays when departing
- don’t ride your bicycle in stations
- travel light !